Thursday 20 September 2012

Passion for fashion ox

I saw another blogger design outfits for this competition so I had to enter! I love styling outfits as you probably know from the amount of competitions like this I enter. Basically what you have to do is put together 5 outfits for these occasions: party, casual, outdoor, first date and office wear. They all have to be under £200 each and can be from any online website.  It is being ran by Moneysupermarket.com and judged by 5 ladies. One for each occasion of outfits!
 Go HERE! to get more details on the competition and how to enter.

So here are my looks and feel free to leave any comments! The websites for the clothes, bags, shoes and jewellery I chose are at the bottom of the post.

My cheapest outfit was Outdoor and most expensive was Party.


Outdoor
Jumper- Love Lila £29.99
Disco pants- Funky Diva £12.99
Bag- Boohoo £20
Boots- Boohoo £35
Spike bracelet- Adorning Ava £8
Ring- Gogo Philip £7
Earrings- Gogo Philip £11

Total: £123.98

Okay so my reason behind the items in this outfit are, its an outdoor look so the boots are great for warmth and comfort but still fashionable, the jumpers lovely and cosy but still stylish and the bag it gorgeous but also fits in with the stud theme running through the outfit. The jewellery is all beautiful and the disco pants are bang on trend! I think this is a great price for all these items as the boots are an investment piece that im sure would last 2 years of autumn/winter seasons at least! 
Skulls, spikes and studs are all in at the moment and look great together.

Party
Dress- Lipsy £130
Shoes- Simmi Shoes £40
Bag- New Look £12.99
Ring- Forever 21 £3.90
Arm cuff- Chelsea doll £12

Total: £198.89 (Phew nearly went over £200!)

I absolutely love this dress and even though its over half the £200 budget it is the main part of the outfit so it just had to be chose as soon as I spotted it on Nexts website!  It really is amazing. The shoes are stunning, Simmi shoes have many gorgeous shoes but these are beautiful and I think the bag matches well. Also the arm cuffs very quirky and the ring would look great with the dress. I went for a more formal party look rather than a club party look as I thought it would be different to what other people have chose. The dress is expensive for my high street loving self but you have to invest in a nice expensive piece every so often!

Office wear
Peplum top- Love Lila £24.99
Pencil skirt- Asos £14
Bag- Boohoo £30
Shoes- Next £65
Braclet- Adorning Ava £6

Total: £139.99

This is a really girly, pretty office look. I think red lipstick and nails would just complete the look. I love these shoes from Next as there are many designer shoe styles very similar being spotted on celebs lately and these are a fab alternative. Also the peplum top is gorgeous and right on trend. I kept the jewellery simple as the outfits stunning enough!


Casual
Leather jacket- Missguided £49.99
Skater dress- Missguided £25
Converse- Office £42.99
Bag- Love Lila £42.99
Double Finger ring- Chelsea doll £9

Total: £169.97

I adore the look of converse and skater dresses with leather jackets because even though its casual its still really pretty and stylish.  I love this bag, it comes with a strap so could be worn over the shoulder rather than being held. I think this outfit would look so gorgeous on and even though most the items are quite expensive compared to the other outfits but the converse and leather jacket would last for ages and can be worn with anything so they are worth it! And the bag is gorgeous.

First Date
Shirt- Love Lila £22.99
Jeans- River Island £20 
Boots- Simmi Shoes £38
Bag- Dorothy Perkins £29.50
Earrings- Gogo Philip £25
Arrow rings- Gogo Philip £8

Total: £143. 49

I didnt know quite what look to go for on this one because a first date could be a movie, meal, walk in the park or even just a casual coffee but I went for a look that is casual yet pretty enough for all of these. Even though ive chosen heels, theyre chunky and not too high so would still be comfy enough to walk around in, last thing you want is 5-6inch heels on a date because if you fall you will never get over it! But the shirt gives a nice formal look that would still look dressy enough for a nice posh meal!
I love this shirt is looks so designer with the skull collar chain.

Sources:



2 comments:

  1. Love your outfits :) good choices x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first date and office wear outfits :)
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete